- Cowboys and East Indians
- The Lineup: 20 Provocative Women Writers, Black Lawrence Press, October 2015
- Little Boxes: Twelve Writers on Television, Coffee House Press, August 2017
- PEN America Best Debut Short Stories 2017, Catapult Books, August 2017
- Wildsam Field Guides, Yellowstone: Mystery and Marvel, May 2021
- Excerpt from The Call of Migratory Things, September 2014.
- Atticus Review, “Reserve Champion,” February 2014.
- Salon, Holiday Fiction, December 2013.
- Altered Scale, Summer 2013.
- Slice Magazine, “Pomp and Circumstances,” Spring 2012.
- Memorious, “White Wedding,” Fall 2011.
- Asian American Literary Review, “Fenced Out,” Winter 2011.
- The Owls, “The Things They Sold,” Winter 2011.
- American Short Fiction, “Curating Your Life,” Fall 2009.
- Forklift, Ohio, “Melting,” Spring 2009.
- The Virginia Quarterly Review (VQR), “Cowboys and East Indians,” Summer 2008.
- Puerto del Sol, “Reserve Champion,” Summer 2008.
Other Writing & Journalism
- Township and Range: Jinx Bird, High Country News, July 2022
- Usher Them Into Adulthood, Parents Magazine, February 2022
- On Tarfia Faizullah’s “Self Portrait As Mango”, Poetry Daily, June 2021
- The Days After, Wildsam Field Guides, Yellowstone: Mystery and Marvel, May 2021
- Mother of Invention, Radcliffe Magazine, Fall 2020
- Choosing to Have Biracial Children, O, The Oprah Magazine, May 2017
- “Perumal Murugan: A Literary Suicide“, PEN America, September 2015
- Jesse Owens, Mr. Harris, and Me, The Common, April 2015
- Orion Magazine, Book Review of The Last Animal, October 2014
- A Prairie Home Abandoned, The New York Times, November 2013
- “Why I Live In Wyoming”, WyoFile, November 2013
- “Pitch on the Pasture”, The New York Times, September 3, 2012
- India Beckons Indian-Americans Back with Jobs. Day to Day, National Public Radio
- Interview on “Owen Wister, Considered”, KUHF, Houston, Texas
- “A South Asian American Writer’s Perspective: Interview With Chitra Banerjee Divakaruni,” Other Tongues: Rethinking the Language Debates in Indian Literature, Rodopi Press, 2009.
- “Tara Books,” Illustration Magazine, Summer 2008.
- “Torn Apart By Weather and Electricity, Ander Monson’s Other Electricities: Stories,” Book Review, Gulf Coast: A Journal of Literature and Fine Arts, Issue 18.1, Fall 2005.
- “The Last Picture Show: Powell Drive-in Thrives as Wyoming’s Lone Survivor,” Casper Star Tribune, Seattle Post Intelligencer, The Salt Lake City Tribune, Deseret News, Santa Monica Daily Press, August, September 2005.
- “Owen Wister, Considered,” Staged reading of original play, The Houston Suitcase Theatre, University of Houston, Houston, Texas, November 2004. Produced by Lanford Wilson.